Fire Damage Do’s and Don’ts
Some Important Do’s and Don’ts
Emergency Fire Damage Tips
- Keep hands clean.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent further damage.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on carpeted traffic areas to prevent more soiling.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Wipe soot from chrome on faucets and appliances then protect with a light coating of lubricant.
- DO NOT attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- DO NOT attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture.
- DO NOT attempt to clean any electrical appliance that may have been close to fire or water.
(These tips are for fire damage – call 419-529-6422 for fire damage, Mansfield OH)